Sunday 2 February 2014

Side-stepping ...

While I was packing the games box, looking for Vaughan's Kindle and rounding up various other MIA camping gear, Nick was doing some work to Elmer Fudd.

Our truck is higher than standard due to his "2-inch lift" and is taller again now that his new tyres have been fitted.  There is a bit of a knack to getting in, so we make good use of his side-step and the grab handle inside the door. I do a little hop manoeuvre from the ground for a bit of extra momentum. (Not too much cos then I crack my head on the top of the door, which causes extreme pain)!

The driver's side-step has always rattled but is loosening further.  Nick took it off today and found it was only hanging on by a single pop-rivet and a couple of broken plastic clips - yep, that would explain it's constant rattle!  The step itself was bent in a couple of places and some adjustments were necessary to fit it back to the mounting brackets. 

I needed to stretch up and put weight on the step to hold it in place - given Elmer was up on ramps, my stretching was extreme and though you can't see much of me, it's probably best Erin took the shot from the front rather than the rear!

I'd gone back inside when Nick came in and asked me to see his side-step.  I was following him outside when he stopped, turned around and did a few side-steps, something like the opening moves of "The Nutbush"! 

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read the date on this...here in WA it is still Sat the 1st!
    I envy you your travels, it all sounds great.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb - yes, the time difference gets us when we ring Nissa! We are all very much looking forward to the travelling part of the adventure and trying not to become overly frazzled by the packing! ;)

    ReplyDelete