Thursday 24 February 2022

Pink Lake - again!

When Nick spoke of driving to Melbourne in one day, my focus had been on the 700km distance - and sitting for such a long time on my very uncomfortable seat!  

I hadn't thought much of what we might see along the way, so the silo art was a bonus as was the realisation that we'd re-visit Pink Lake!  

We'd enjoyed our first visit so much that I'd sourced pink lake salt from a retail supplier and included samples in our Christmas mailout that year (and we used the remainder for quite some time, also).

The site had been developed further since our last visit.  There was some signage in the picnic shelter and a small laminated sheet to advise a coffee van visited at particular times (salt could be purchased as well as coffee).

We walked down to the lake first, as the only sheltered picnic table was occupied.  I hadn't intended to be colour co-ordinated with the salt but was very pleased of my kikoy sun protection.  (My kikoy was purchased in 1985 during my time in Kenya).

No comments:

Post a Comment