Sunday 22 April 2012

Harping on! (21-22 April)

Yes, I'm still harping on about Ironfest! 

I haven't been able to find details for the trio of gemshorn musicians in the pic at left but you can read about the instrument here

 
The same site also has two short sound/video files showing modern and traditional gemshorns being played.   It was late in the day when the harpist stopped to offer Vaughan a chance to play her wheeled harp. 

He wasn't keen - but I was.  The strings were colour coded so even a non musical novice could look good - well, as good as one can look in a silly hat!


I am not sure how my "melody" sounded as the music of the gemshorn trio (in the background) carried quite strongly on the wind and it was difficult to hear much above them - which was probably a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment