Thursday 15 August 2024

Cool beans!

Packing for an extended adventure can be daunting, so I've started with essential stuff - tea, coffee and ice!  

As mentioned in my beverage case post, I generally travel with a small teapot (and a stock of preferred tea).  I have enough on-hand for our upcoming trip.  

Nick received a travel press for Christmas and likes using it. He needed more coffee and we sourced that from our local roastery.

As much as the thought of using Bandit's Blend appealed, Nick prefered a different option - so after some calculations, we bought two packs (and had them ground on-site).

We'll have limited fridge and freezer space while away, so the coffee will be stored in custom insulated bags, within an esky.  I might sew some extra bags because there are a few other essentials that would benefit from extra insulation.

Obviously a camper trailer is far less insulated than a house - so we used a couple of eskies for food storage while at Carnavon Gorge.  That practice worked well for items that would usually be kept in a pantry at home.  I'm thinking we'll try for a similar approach this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment