Monday 17 June 2013

Themal Cooked Steak Pudding ...

I've wanted to make steak pudding for ages.  (Vaughan is quite fussy, so I omitted the kidneys from my version).

The suet was purchased and steak defrosted  but we spent yesterday in the forest, so had (more) soup and toasted sangas for tea instead!


It's been rather cold here today, just the right sort of weather for staying indoors and conducting kitchen experiments. As experiments go this was an interesting one. I haven't ever made a steak pudding before, so was pretty chuffed with my first effort. I half-expected it to stick on turning out but it didn't, so looked quite impressive on the serving plate.

The family taste-testing verdict was a bit ho-hum. Surprisingly Vaughan ate the meat and liked it. However no-one was greatly keen on the "doughy bit" and various modifications have been suggested for my next attempt.

Generally a thinner pudding would be preferable - with a bit more gravy (though I tend to think Vaughan only ate the meat because there wasn't much liquid). Oh, well!

No comments:

Post a Comment