Wednesday 4 November 2020

Froggy finale!

Nick went to the loo at around 5:00am and told me about three bathroom frogs when he returned to bed.  I didn't need the loo but went out to look at the frogs!

I could only see two of the three, the third green one was missing.  Hah!  Later in the morning when I was packing up our dirty clothes from the bathroom, I found the MIA frog!

We re-fueled before heading out of town, near the saleyards.  I took more road train shots along the way to Dogwood Creek, where we stopped for morning tea and a quick geocache (our 676th find).

While we were enjoying morning tea (caramel scrolls as well as bhuja with tea and coffee), I watched the traffic on the bridge. One ute honked and waved with lots of enthusiasm, so I waved back! He/she may have been an Elmer Fudd fan?!

We continued on to Dalby, chatting about the crops growing beside the road.  At the start of our trip there'd been silly discussion about farmers putting crop ID signs in their paddocks, to educate us and the travelling public!

The last of our corned beef had been eaten at Morven, the day before.  We opted to buy hamburgers from the same Dalby takeaway as we had visited on Day 1 of our WingIt trip - though we ate them in a different park this time, watching many flying foxes in the nearby trees.

It was another two hour's drive from Dalby. We arrived home at 4:30pm.  What an excellent adventure!

Day 9 = 455 kms

No comments:

Post a Comment